Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Small Green Steps of Progress

So I wanted to keep you all updated on my sustainable progress.

I have some changes going on in my bathroom.

I purchased this new shower head and this shower timer.

I can now have truly green showers.

If only I wasn't so addicted to baths. I only take about 3 baths per month, but I need to wean myself off of it. The winter is the hardest time for that.

A 5 minute shower with my low-flow is my new goal.

Next, I purchased a portable hanging rack that I keep in my laundry room. This way I can hang up my clothes right out of the washer and avoid the dryer. I don't hang every load, but I am cutting down on the amount of time I use the dryer. I am also making more of an effort to use cold water instead of warm or hot.

By adding little things one at a time it helps me to live true to my values.

No comments:

Post a Comment